The Telecommunications Department maintains an Audio Bridge capable of conferencing up to 18 people. This bridge is available free of charge to campus users (current faculty and staff). It can be reserved by contacting the Telecom office at 777-2524 or emailing , with the following information:
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone Number
- Date and Time Needed
- Number of Participants
You will be assigned a conference number and password by the Telecommunications staff. Distribute the instructions as well as your conference number and password to all of your conference participants.
A toll free number is available for your participants if needed, however you will be billed $0.05 per minute, per participant for toll free conference call usage.
- Dial 607-777-3782
- Enter the conference number:
- Enter the password for your conference:
- You will hear one ring followed by a short beep. You have entered the conference call.
- When the call is completed, just hang up your telephone.
- When a new conferee joins your call you will hear a short notification tone to alert you that someone has joined your call.
- If a conferee hangs up during your conference call, your call will be interrupted with short burst of dial tone. This is intended to be a notification that someone has left the call.
- Privacy - Locking the Conference
- If during the conference you would like to prohibit anyone else from entering the call, any participant may "lock the conference" by entering the digit 5 on their telephone dial pad.
- Unlocking the Conference
- To reenable additional callers to join the conference call, any participant may "unlock the conference" by entering the digit 8 on their telephone dial pad.
If you experience any problems with your conference call, please contact the Binghamton University Telecommunications Office at 607-777-6111.